Terms & Conditions
- The owner is responsible and will ensure that their dog is up-to-date with their vaccinations, flea and tick treatments and de-wormer treatments.
- The owner accepts full liability for any loss or damage caused by their dog during their walk, visit or sitting. The dog walker/sitter is not held accountable for vet fees or third party claims whilst your dog is in our care.
- The owner is to make full disclosure of any characteristic problems that may make your dog unsuitable for walking/visits/sitting; including behavioural or health issues. Failure on the part of the owner to disclose any matter which might render owner’s dog unsuitable for walking/visits/sitting will be a fundamental breach of our agreement.
- We will make every effort to contact the owner in the event of an emergency. We recommend owners provide us with a contact number of a trusted third party should we be unable to make contact. However, we reserve the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon. Owner is responsible for payment of any veterinary fees incurred by the dog walker/sitter
- We would like to remind customers that payments are due at the end of each week via BAC transfer, cash or cheque. We as a company reserve the right to impose a £2 initial late payment fee if a payment is more than four days overdue, then £0.50 charged on a daily basis from the fifth day until payment is received in full. (Late Payment Of Commercial Debts Act 1988 amended 1998 & 2002).
- We are fully insured to walk up to four dogs at a time (six if 2 walkers are present). Most of the time your dog will be walked with other friendly dogs.
- Your booked time is estimated only and whilst we make every effort to arrive at the time given, depending on road conditions and unforeseen circumstances. If however, we are more than two hours overdue then the dog walker will refund 50% of the walk. Please note that time starts from when the dog walker leaves the property with your dog. All walks are 60 minutes or 30 minutes only.
- Walking & pet visits – Clients must ensure that their requirements for the following week are e-mailed or text to us no later than Sunday evenings.
- Sitting – A minimum of five-days notice prior to your proposed stay and a deposit at the time of booking will be required to secure your place (25% of full stay). If the deposit is not sent at time of your booking, we are unable to guarantee your booking.
- Please note that we do not run dog walks and visits during public bank holidays.
- Walking & pet visits – You may cancel your booked slot provided you give a minimum of 24-hours notice, you will not be charged. However, if cancellation is made within 24-hours of the walk commencing, the full rate will be charged.
- Sitting – We require a minimum of four-days notice to cancel. Failure to do so will result in 25% of the stay payable and your deposit is non-refundable.
- If we have to cancel a walk/visit/pet sitting due to unforeseen circumstances we will reschedule your booking and include a free dog walk, or provide a full refund.
- Walking – Charges are as advertised on our prices page. Please be aware that our rates are very competitive (including Fridays Free for full week of walks booked) and are not negotiable.
- Sitting – Charges are per day (not night) this applies from when your pet sitter arrives to when they leave for example from Friday to Friday will count as an eight day stay.
Clients and the dog walkers/sitters agree to give one week’s written notice to cancel the agreement.
Training & Behaviour
All training techniques used by Paw Paw are kind, fair and reward based. Sessions are designed to be fun and rewarding for both dog and owner but in the interest of safety, responsibility and welfare it is important that the following terms and conditions are noted.
1. Harsh handling is not permitted and is strongly discouraged at any other time. Jayde is a full member of the APDT UK & the ABTC and runs her sessions in accordance with their Principles. As such; choke chains, check chains, prong collars, punitive methods and manhandling are not allowed.
2. Please ensure you are suitably prepared with poo bags to clean up any dog mess. Your dog must be kept under control and on a lead, unless specifically requested otherwise
3.To make the most of the consultation/training session and achieve optimal results, many short daily training sessions are favourable.
4. By making a booking, you are accepting that participating in an activity with dogs poses a risk of injury to yourself and your dog, and you agree to indemnify Paw Paw for all personal injury and damage to property owned by you during the session. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you during the session aware that they are also there at their own risk.
5. The Paw Paw method of training relies heavily on rewards with food treats and toys. Although we will have some treats and toys available at the session, it is important to have with you a supply of toys and tasty, smelly food treats that your dog will work hard for and is used to eating.
6.Harnesses may be used, however larger breeds should be on a front attaching harness.
7. Haltis and gentle leaders may be used.
8. Flexi leads are not permitted to avoid injury to others.
9. If your dog is reactive/aggressive to strangers, please ensure that your dog is kept on a lead (and muzzled where applicable) on Jaydes arrival to your home.
• Before the session, we will send you confirmation of your booking. This will confirm payment, session date, and give other information pertinent to your booking.
• It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they are home at the date and time of the session/arrive at classes on time.
• If you need to reschedule, please let us know 48 hours in advance.
Fees and Prices:
• The consultation or training session/class fee must be paid when booking by Paypal, BAC transfer or cheque through post. Failure to pay in a timely fashion may result in cancellation.
- There will be no refunds for unsatisfied clients unless there is a reasonable complaint. Please view bold bulletin 3. above.
- If you decide to cancel a session/training classes with less than 3 weeks notice you will only receive a part refund. A full refund will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- Price advertised at time of booking applies.
March 04, 2022
This privacy notice for
Bliss Woof Ltd. (doing business as Paw Paw Pet Care) (" Paw Paw Pet Care ," "we," "us," or "our"), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share ("process") your information when you use our services ("Services"), such as when you:
- Visit our website
at https://pawpawpetcare.co.uk , or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways ― including any sales, marketing, or events
Questions or concerns? Reading this privacy notice will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Services. If you still have any questions or concerns, please contact us at
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
This summary provides key points from our privacy notice, but you can find out more details about any of these topics by clicking the link following each key point or by using our table of contents below to find the section you are looking for. You can also click here to go directly to our table of contents.
What personal information do we process? When you visit, use, or navigate our Services, we may process personal information depending on how you interact with
Paw Paw Pet Care and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. Click here to learn more.
Do we process any sensitive personal information?
We may process sensitive personal information when necessary with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Do you receive any information from third parties?
We do not receive any information from third parties.
How do you process my information? We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent. We process your information only when we have a valid legal reason to do so. Click here to learn more.
In what situations and with which
parties do we share personal information? We may share information in specific situations and with specific third parties. Click here to learn more.
How do we keep your information safe? We have organizational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect your personal information. However, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Click here to learn more.
What are your rights? Depending on where you are located geographically, the applicable privacy law may mean you have certain rights regarding your personal information. Click here to learn more.
How do I exercise my rights? The easiest way to exercise your rights is by filling out our data subject request form available
here , or by contacting us. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Want to learn more about what
Paw Paw Pet Care does with any information we collect? Click here to review the notice in full.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you
register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information Provided by You. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
names phone numbers email addresses mailing addresses usernames passwords billing addresses pets details emergency contact name and number
When necessary, with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we process the following categories of sensitive information: health data
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by
Paypal . You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full .
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
Contact number. in case of changes to service or emergency's
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Click here to learn more.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
In Short: We may share information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following
may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than
the period of time in which users have an account with us .
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK) , you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like
the EEA and UK ), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” below.
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Withdrawing your consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information,
you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by using the contact details provided in the section "HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?" below or updating your preferences .
However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor
will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
12. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may
email us at email@example.com or by post to:
13. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please
submit a request form by clicking here .